The long post-war wave of globalization has come to a halt and the world economy is now threatened by disintegration.Read More
What went wrong?
Liberalizing international trade will lift all boats, since the losers from globalization can easily be compensated.Read More
New Economy in Progress
Globalization produces discontent and policy needs to take costs and compensation more seriously.Read More
CHART: Who has gained from globalization?
The global 1% and Asian middle class.
5 ways that are discussed to make globalization work for all
- • Training programs, job search assistance and more effective redistribution.
- • Regions react differently to trade shocks, so policies must focus on their particular needs.
- • Governments could refrain from signing up to “deep” trade agreements.
- • Increase cross-border labour mobility by allowing more workers to migrate from poor to rich countries.
- • Stronger industrial policies, subsidies or protectionism of selected industries in developing countries.