About the Forum New Economy
The Forum New Economy is a Berlin based platform launched in October 2019 with the aim to promote new answers to fundamental economic challenges such as inequality, financial instability and climate change. In order to develop such a new paradigm, the platform brings together innovative leading academics with policy makers and a broader public in Germany and beyond. This aim is being pursued through the commissioning of studies and papers, as well as via the organisation of workshops, meetings and public events.
The Forum works as an autonomous organisation under the legal entity of the European Climate Foundation (ECF). It is also supported by the OECD, the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), DIW Berlin, OFCE Paris, the Mercator Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, as well as by a high-level group of academic partners including Nobel laureates. Its main activities are to hold events, commission papers and entertain a website reflecting basic knowledge on innovative economic concepts and their practical applications.
The Forum is run by a Berlin based secretariat in which five full-time staff members are working in a highly dynamic team at the frontier between new economic thinking and policymaking.
Currently 1 vacancy.
Platform Manager, Forum New Economy
About the role
Programme strategy and research
- Collaborating with the Director in developing and implementing the Forum’s strategy and focus
- Setting and contributing substantively to the platform’s research agenda and policy work, in close collaboration with the entire team and external researchers/project managers, where applicable
- Strengthen links to academia and take the lead in research projects
Fundraising and operative management
- Collaborating with the Director in defining the platform’s fundraising strategy
- Driving and executing the platform’s fundraising strategy to develop and sustain medium- and long-term funding of the platform
- Strengthen the platform’s partnerships and relationships to key stakeholders
Guide and support the team and particularly the program coordinator to ensure smooth operative executing of all program activities, esp. the organization of workshops and events and the day- to-day work of the secretariat, including personnel, legal and other office affairs
- Collaborating with the Director in building and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders of the platform in Berlin, Germany, Europe and overseas
- Represent the platform and its mission at events, incl. occasional lectures and talks on relevant topics
Experience and competencies
- At least seven years of work experience in applied economics, economic policy or macroeconomic empirical research, or as policy advisor
- Excellent knowledge of the discussions around globalisation, financial markets, fiscal policy, inequality, climate and energy
- Excellent knowledge of new approaches in economics and economic policy
- Multi-year experience working in a think tank or comparable organisation, preferably with management responsibility
- Extensive connections to relevant funding and other partners is an additional asset
- Fluent in German and English (both spoken and written); other foreign languages are an asset
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver
- Ability to convene people from different political and economic backgrounds
- Readiness to travel as needed
What we offer
- An intellectually challenging position that will allow the chosen candidate to be part of a highly exciting and politically relevant challenge
- An excellent work atmosphere in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive salary
- A permanent full-time position
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter (both in English) to Thomas Fricke at email@example.com and Amelie Crouzat at firstname.lastname@example.org.