About the Forum New Economy
The Forum New Economy is a platform that has just been launched in Berlin with the aim to promote new answers to fundamental economic challenges like inequality, financial instability and climate change. In order to promote such a new paradigm the Platform will bring together innovative leading academia with policy-makers and a broader public in Germany and beyond. This aim will be pursued through the commissioning of studies and papers, as well as via the organisation of workshops, meetings and public events. The Forum works as an autonomous organisation under the legal entity of the European Climate Foundation (ECF). It is supported by the OECD, the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), DIW Berlin, OFCE Paris, the Mercator Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and others. Over the last two years of exploration, this project has already brought together leading economic think tanks, academics and policy makers.
The Forum is driven by a Berlin-based secretariat in which four full-time staff members are working in a highly dynamic team at the frontier between new economic thinking and policymaking.
Currently 1 vacancy
Communication and Research Associate, Forum New Economy
About the role
As Communication and Research Associate your role will be to support the Forum in coordinating its external communication and media activities, as well as in contributing to content work and organizational tasks, reporting to the Forum’s Director.
- Develop the Forum’s communication and public relations strategy, including the development and realization of new content-formats;
- Maintain website and social media activities of the platform, especially with a sense for making it attractive for a broader public;
- Draft press releases and other communications;
- Research and write-up of regular notes and reports as needed;
- Write and place articles in newspapers;
- Support and actively contribute to the platform’s agenda to detect innovative answers to the main challenges described above;
- Manage research projects;
- Undertake research and present the findings;
- Contribute to the organization of workshops and other events;
- Data research and statistical analysis.
Experience and competencies
- Post graduate degree in applied economics, macroeconomics or statistics;
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience in communication, web content management and journalism;
- Very good knowledge of the main discussions around globalisation, financial markets, fiscal policy, inequality, climate and energy;
- High interest in new approaches to economic challenges;
- Native speaker or comparable level in German, excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written), other foreign languages an asset;
- Good communication skills;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong administrative and computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel).
What we offer
- An intellectually highly challenging position that will allow the chosen candidate to be part of a highly exciting and politically relevant challenge;
- Great possibilities for professional development;
- An excellent work atmosphere and a nice office space in the heart of Berlin;
- A full-time position with a 12-months fixed term contract (with possibility to extend).
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please upload your CV and a short cover letter here: https://bit.ly/3cxE8ZE
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions about the job.