About the Forum New Economy
The Forum New Economy is a platform that has just been launched in Berlin with the aim to promote new answers to fundamental economic challenges like inequality, financial instability and climate change. In order to promote such a new paradigm the Platform will bring together innovative leading academia with policy-makers and a broader public in Germany and beyond. This aim will be pursued through the commissioning of studies and papers, as well as via the organisation of workshops, meetings and public events. The Forum works as an autonomous organisation under the legal entity of the European Climate Foundation (ECF). It is supported by the OECD, the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), DIW Berlin, OFCE Paris, the Mercator Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and others. Over the last two years of exploration, this project has already brought together leading economic think tanks, academics and policy makers.
The Forum is driven by a Berlin-based secretariat in which four full-time staff members are working in a highly dynamic team at the frontier between new economic thinking and policymaking.
Currently 1 vacancy
There is currently one open job listing.
About the role
The team is now looking for a highly committed and energetic intern to support the Forum during the coming months. The internship is offered for six months – extendible to one year– starting as soon as possible. The selected candidate will be based in Berlin, work closely with the Platform members on a range of tasks, and report to the Forum’s director.
- Support the platform’s agenda to detect innovative answers to the main challenges described above
- Data research and statistical treatment
- Conceptual assistance for workshops and other events
- Attending events
- Helping to entertain website and social media activities of the platform
- Research and writing up of regular notes and reports – as needed
- Helping with travel bookings
- Helping with project administration
- Help in preparation of presentations
- Budget and grant management support
Experience and competencies
- Academic background in applied economics, macroeconomic empirical research and basic statistics. A first relevant work experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the main discussions around globalisation, financial markets, fiscal policy, inequality, climate and energy
- Interest in new approaches to economic challenges
- Native speaker or comparable level in German, excellent command of the English languages (both spoken and written), French/Spanish/Italian an asset
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administrative and computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
What we offer
- An intellectually challenging position that will allow the chosen candidate to be part of a highly exciting and politically relevant challenge
- Great possibilities for professional development
- An excellent work atmosphere and a nice office space in the heart of Berlin
- A six-month-contract, extendible to 12 months in case of successful integration
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send the following documents (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role