About the Forum New Economy
The Forum New Economy is a platform that has just been launched in Berlin with the aim to promote new answers to fundamental economic challenges like inequality, financial instability and climate change. In order to promote such a new paradigm the Platform will bring together innovative leading academia with policy-makers and a broader public in Germany and beyond. This aim will be pursued through the commissioning of studies and papers, as well as via the organisation of workshops, meetings and public events. The Forum works as an autonomous organisation under the legal entity of the European Climate Foundation (ECF). It is supported by the OECD, the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), DIW Berlin, OFCE Paris, the Mercator Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, and others. Over the last two years of exploration, this project has already brought together leading economic think tanks, academics and policy makers.
The Forum is driven by a Berlin-based secretariat in which four full-time staff members are working in a highly dynamic team at the frontier between new economic thinking and policymaking.
About the role
The team is now looking for a highly committed and energetic professional to support the Forum in coordinating the running of projects, maintaining its relationships to funders, partners and researchers, and organising a wide range of events. The selected candidate will be based in Berlin and work full-time.
Program coordination and management
- Responsible for budget and grant management, financial controlling and the related project/program reporting internally as well as external to the forum’s funders
- Convening calls and meetings with international partners and community more broadly
- Assist in the building of partnerships with stakeholders across the policymaking, business and academic communities around New Economic thinking in Berlin and beyond
Program work, research and communication
- Supporting the Director/Co-Director in the coordination, commission and supervision of external studies, preparing presentations
- Organise and oversee the events organised by the platform; prepare strategy meetings and workshops etc.
- Helping the team to prepare and edit policy briefings and Op-Eds
- Supporting the communications team and maintaining the forum’s website
- Representing the team at events and reporting on essential insights
- Collecting research and literature to identify innovative approaches in the field of economic thinking to be integrated into the platform’s action
- Supporting the Director/Co-Director in the programme’s daily business and administrative tasks such as travel bookings and general organizational issues
- Taking care of office management
Experience and competencies
- A genuine interest in solving the big challenges of our days; degree in economics preferred, but not essential
- 2+ years of professional work experience in project management
- An understanding of funding and grant management as well as bookkeeping
- A strong multi-disciplinary skillset necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and to actively generate and implement ideas to contribute to the team’s success
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver
- Excellent English and German language skills. Desirable: solid skills in French or other languages
- Excellent administrative and computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Willingness to occasional travels
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to contribute to a highly relevant mission and work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself
- Full- time 1-year renewable contract, subject to the successful confirmation of funding beyond the first year.
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply