GRAPH: Average warming (°C) projected by 2100
What happens if we do not act?
5 ways that are discussed to green prosperity
- Setting a minimum price on carbon emissions within the EU’s trading scheme.
- Replacing emissions trading with a carbon tax, increased steadily over time.
- Large-scale public investment in the necessary infrastructure; carbon-pricing alone will not suffice.
- Designing climate policies that also reduce the gap between the rich and the poor.
- A broader policy approach that integrates the risks of species extinction, air pollution and other environmental dangers.